Tony is an Associate in the firm. Tony is passionate about working alongside NZ’s high-growth businesses which bring the best of kiwi innovation and ingenuity to NZ and abroad.
Tony helps clients with:
- corporate transactions, with a focus on restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, and securities law; and
- a wide range of commercial contractual arrangements in a variety of sectors.
Before joining Avid.legal in 2020, Tony worked in the corporate team of a large national law firm.
Tony’s recent work includes:
- advising on a range of M&A transactions for clients in a variety of industries (including technology, tourism, energy, construction, horticulture, fisheries and education);
- advising both private and public companies on capital raising transactions (including NZ’s largest public capital raise in 2019);
- assisting with the establishment of private equity and venture capital funds;
- providing contracting support for NZ energy companies on a range of commercial and supply agreements;
- advising, and providing in-house legal support for, a large international energy company on transactions related to the sale of its upstream assets in NZ;
- guiding listed and unlisted entities on corporate governance matters; and
- providing pro bono support for a variety of NZ start-ups on corporate and commercial arrangements
2020 – present: Avid.legal
2017 – 2020: Chapman Tripp
2015 – 2016: Duncan Cotterill
Admitted to practise in New Zealand in 2015
LLB/BA, Victoria University of Wellington