Judith is a senior lawyer in the firm. She advises on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters with a special interest in technology, aviation, and aquaculture businesses.
Judith has broad corporate and commercial expertise, having acted for many years for some of New Zealand’s largest corporates and government departments.
A large part of Judith’s practice involves advising on and negotiating commercial contracts. In particular, Judith has provided advice on arrangements concerning:
- software development and licensing;
- ICT contracts;
- manufacturing, supply, distribution, and services (within New Zealand and internationally);
- shareholders and other bespoke ownership arrangements;
- aircraft sales and leases; and
- various aquaculture related contracts, including waterspace licensing and supply arrangements.
Judith also has extensive experience advising on privacy and consumer law issues faced by both small and large businesses, and has had continuous involvement in many M&A transactions.
2018 – present: Principal, Avid.legal
2010 – 2017: Duncan Cotterill (partner since 2013)
2003 – 2010: Russell McVeagh
Admitted to practice in New Zealand in 2000
LLB/BA, Victoria University of Wellington