Caitlin is an Associate in the firm and is passionate about helping bright people achieve big goals for their businesses.
Caitlin advises clients on:
- a broad range of commercial contracts and technology projects (including end user t&cs and privacy/data breach considerations); and
- M&A transactions, capital raising, shareholder arrangements, and founder vesting/employee share schemes.
Caitlin was part of the founding team of Avid.legal in 2017, before moving to Singapore to join a top tier US law firm focused on venture capital and technology, where she worked with investors and venture-backed companies throughout Asia and the US. Following this Caitlin joined the in-house legal team of one of the world’s largest payments companies, where she worked on a variety of commercial deals in the payments space, including advising on global regulatory and competition matters. Caitlin returned to Avid.legal in April 2021 and is enthusiastic to use her skills and experience in the Asian and US markets to support the many promising high-growth businesses in New Zealand.
Caitlin’s recent work includes:
- advising on a range of capital raising transactions for clients throughout Oceania, Asia, and the US (both investor- and company-side);
- assisting with on multiple cross-border M&A transactions, both buy- and sell-side (including the world’s largest ecommerce deal in 2018);
- assisting technology companies and NZ Government departments on a range of commercial agreements, terms, and procurement processes;
- advising on competition, privacy, and regulatory issues;
- negotiating complex multi-year payments, network, and technology agreements; and
- providing pro bono support for a variety of NZ start-ups on corporate and commercial arrangements.
2021 – Present: Avid.legal
2020 – 2021: NYSE-listed US payments company, based in Singapore
2018 – 2020: Top tier venture capital and technology US law firm, based in Singapore
2016 – 2018: Founding team member of Avid.legal
Admitted to practise in New Zealand in 2014
LLB(Hons First Class), University of Waikato